Monday, March 4, 2013

Lesson #15,123-Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom

Okay, so we live in a 2 parent household.  Why am I the only one who gets summoned?  All I hear is "Mom, I'm hungry.  Mom, I am thirsty.  Mom, have you seen my shoes?  Mom, can you help me with my homework?  Mom, can you come here?  Mom, can my friend come over?  Mom, where is a pencil?  Mom, could you bring me a pencil?  Mom, I'm bored.  Mom, I need a blanket.  Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom."  Some days I feel like that Mom from The Family Guy.
"Lois, Lois, Lois, Lois, Lois, mom, mom, mom, mommy, mommy, mommy, mama, mama, mama, ma, ma, ma, ma, mum, mum, mum, mum, mommy, mommy, mama, mama, mama!" - #SethMacFarlane #FamilyGuy Click for audio.  JUST FOR MY BOY CHILD
I swear my child will walk right past his dad to ask me a question or he will ask his dad where I am so he can come and find me to ask me to do something for him.  Does this happen to other moms?  I have a feeling it does.  I mean, do our children think their dads are handicapped?  Disabled?  Or maybe unwilling to help?  I have a feeling that our children are afraid to ask their dads to help them.  Moms probably have more patience with children but why not just ask Dad for a pencil?  Seriously, I want to hear "Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad"!!

Anyway, tomorrow night I have a date with my son.  We are going to see Bon Jovi.  I will tell y'all all about it.  This will be his very first concert. I am sure I will hear the word "Mom" about 145 times that night!!  That's okay.  I will take it for one night!
Bon Jovi






No comments:

Post a Comment