Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Life Lesson #15,041-Holy Political Posts, Batman!!

Has anyone else noticed all of the political posts on Facebook?  OMG! I am so over it!  I mean, has anyone ever changed political parties because of a post on Facebook?  Has anyone changed their vote because of political rants?  Have you been blocked by 100 friends?  I think everyone has decided by now who they are voting for so STOP IT!!  I don't have to agree 100% with my choice and disagree 100% with his opponent to vote for who I want to vote for.  Okay, y'all know that I am a Republican and I will be voting for Mitt but that doesn't mean that I agree with him on 100% of the issues.  I don't disagree with B.O. on 100% of the issues.  Just because I am a Republican does not mean that I won't vote for a Democrat.  There are a few that I will always vote for.  Take for example the Attorney General of North Carolina.  His name is Roy Cooper. If you are thankful that there is a National Do Not Call List, you can thank the Attorney General of the great state of North Carolina for that.  I still get tons of calls by law dodging fundraisers but at least it is not constant like it used to be.  Roy Cooper (D) has my vote every time he goes up for re-election.  Also there are a couple of local races that I will vote for the (D) on.  Really, I think everyone should go to this website and see which side of the fence they are really on. It can be very eye-opening!! It is called On The Issues and it is totally non-partisan.  Here is the link: 
http://www.ontheissues.org/Quiz/Quiz2010.asp?quiz=Pres2012

How to remove political posts from your Facebook News Feed | Articles | Home
Hopefully we can all be "Friends" again in 2 weeks!!  If you are like me, I joined Facebook to catch up with old friends and see what is going on with everyone.  I look forward to seeing endless posts about pets, food and family feuds.  I will not even complain for at least a month about your relentless bragging on your children!! (Who are BRATS, by the way!! The little cuties!)  I look forward to being "Poked" by my high school friend, Zach.  I look forward to seeing birthday wishes to people I hardly know.  I look forward to seeing "Check ins" at CVS and Olive Garden.  I even look forward to the posts that say to "Share if you love Jesus"!  I do love Jesus, I just don't want to "Share" your picture of a rainbow with everyone on my friends list!  Jesus will not deny me entry into Heaven because I didn't "Share" your photo!! Don't pray for my soul!!  I've got it covered! Oh and Facebook will not give a dollar for every "Like" or "Share" to the sick little girl in the picture.  I promise, you can keep scrolling!!

This is a great rule of thumb for all forms of Social Media:

classroom collective • Posts Tagged ‘Facebook’
Oh my Goodness!!! Is that a Blog icon??  Oh no!! There goes my blog!! I will miss you all!!!
Just kidding.  No, my blog isn't always true or helpful or inspiring or necessary or kind.  Sometimes it is just a rant!!  Most of the time it includes lies half-truths.  I really am trying to help humanity by telling y'all what everyone else is thinking but is afraid to say out loud.  Sorry but I wasn't born with that filter thingy.  Anyway, back to rules for everyone but me...Let's be nice to each other.  We are all going to be in it together next month so let's just accept that we all have political, moral and religious beliefs.  Let's not be judgmental of each other and our beliefs.  We don't have to agree on 100% of the issues to be "Friends" so stop fighting about them!!!!  Oh and just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them stupid, closed-minded or uneducated.  They just don't agree with you!! Come on November 6th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment