Thursday, December 20, 2012

Lesson #15,076-The "Special" Christmas Tree

So I have been getting blessed out by my so called "friends" about not posting a blog all week.  I won't call any names but Kim is the worst!! A N Y W A Y...

So let's talk about Christmas trees.  Everyone has that one pretty tree with all of your nice ornaments.  Some of you are crazy sports fans and have another tree with your favorite teams ornaments covering it.  Some of you have a tree of nothing but elves.  Some of you have a Santa tree.  The one tree that is a MUST to have when you have children is the "Special" tree.  It is the tree that has all of the "crap", I meant to say very special "ornaments" that they have made at preschool, elementary school and church.  I have a popsicle stable that my son made at preschool and poor Baby Jesus is upside down.  The plaster of Paris ornaments that are hand painted by a 3-year old are really great.  No really.  The Handprint Rudolph with the tip of the middle finger painted as the red nose.  Yep.  Those "Special" ornaments.
christmas tree, christmas tree
I actually have 4 trees. The "Special" Tree, The "Pretty" Tree, The "Stick" Tree and The "Food" Tree.  The "Food" Tree is in my kitchen.  All of the ornaments have something to do with food or drink.  I have itty bitty wine glasses and martini glasses alongside hamburgers and cupcakes.  And my favorite small Mark Roberts fairy is on that tree.  He has a little chef's hat on!! So cute!! The Stick Tree is one of those short and somewhat skinny trees.  It is all green and silver and another of the Mark Roberts Fairies.  The Pretty Tree is all of the pretty ornaments that we have and the colors all match and guess what I did? I forgot to put the ribbon/garland on that tree.  Oh well.  Then there's the "Special" Tree.  Now don't get me wrong.  I love those ornaments and would never get rid of any of them because my son made them when he was little and they are special.  The ones that are left anyway.  I had to get rid of the paper plate decorated with wrapping paper made to look like an ornament.  A HUGE ornament!! I think the preschool teachers should have made that a wreath instead of an ornament.  I could have put the wreath on the back door.  (To scare away the birds.) Is that mean?  Oh well, y'all know it's true.  Y'all do the same thing, right?  I mean, it is great to have all of those precious memories.  Just not on the Pretty Tree, right?? 
Torn Paper Christmas Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment