Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Life Lesson #15,007-Let's Talk About Camping

Life Lesson #15,007-Let's Talk About Camping.
Okay, I am probably gonna hear it about this one but I don't care.  Camping stinks!!  I know. I know.  Some of you love camping.  Some of you go to the mountains and pitch tents and have a great time.  Some of you go to the beach in RV's or 5th wheels and camp in those large campgrounds and love it. I, however, hate camping.  I grew up camping in those campers in the big campgrounds. I have slept in a tent outside before.  God, please don't ever let me be homeless because I hated camping and that is the closest thing to being homeless that I can think of.  I mean, in a camper you sleep on the kitchen table. Then in the morning you get to put the table back together and eat where you just slept.  Then you have to put the "living room" back together because the kids slept on the bed/couch/coffee table.  Oh and the worst part is that there is NO HOUSEKEEPER!!!  Of course, you can sleep as late as you want to because housekeeping won't be knocking on your door.  Then again, if one person in the camper or tent is up, then you all are going to be up!

I'm not high maintenance but...well, I take that back. I may be a little higher maintenance than I used to be.  Roughing it, for me, is The Hampton Inn.  I want someone to come by my room and bring me fresh towels and make the beds and clean the bathrooms.  That isn't totally accurate either.  I totally make my own beds even in hotels because I like hospital corners.  If you have ever been taught the proper way to make a bed, it MUST be made that way!!  Of course, the maids usually come back and "correct" my bed making to their "totally wrong" way of bed making! Hee Hee!!  I do love a nicely made bed!!  See, that's why I don't camp.  You can't "make up" a couch or kitchen table or sleeping bag like you can a nice bed.

When I am on vacation, I want to eat out.  I don't want to cook in a miniature kitchen, on a miniature stove and a miniature oven.  I don't want to go to a bathhouse to take a shower because the hot water heater only holds 4 gallons.  I want a hot shower even after 3 other people have taken a shower.  I want to relieve myself in a bathroom that I cannot touch the toilet, sink and shower with one hand at the same time. I like bedrooms.  They don't have to be large and luxurious but the little people need to go to their bedroom and the older people need to go to theirs.  Not for hanky panky but for sleep!! If you have ever slept in a room with more than one child you know what I mean.

Okay, here's the deal.  I am not woman enough to camp.  To all of my very dear friends who love it, Have At It!! That's what makes the world go around.  I am bracing myself for your comments...EEK!!
!

No comments:

Post a Comment