Thursday, August 30, 2012

Life Lesson #15,009-Winning The Lottery Would Not Change Me

Life Lesson #15,009-Winning The Lottery Would Not Change Me
What happens to people when they come into a lot of money?  Why are so many of them bankrupt within a few years?  I mean, seriously, how does this happen?  You see it all of the time.  Someone wins the lottery or stops getting millions per year for their sports contracts and they are in the poor house.  Do they just go crazy?  That would never happen to me, right?  Or would it?  If I won millions in the lottery I would definitely have to have a beach house.  Then I would have a buyer from Pottery Barn come and furnish and decorate the house.  Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Pottery Barn!!! I could go into any Pottery Barn and buy anything I wanted without having to ask how much it costs!! OH YEAH!! That would be my dream!!  I don't have to go to some fancy furniture store with outrageous prices if I could just afford anything I wanted from Pottery Barn. I have actually looked at the Pottery Barn website and put everything that I wanted in the "Cart".  Hahahaha!! They sent me emails reminding me of the items that were still in my "Cart" the next day!!  I bet they did want that sale!! Oh Boy, did they want that sale!!  I had beds, living room furniture, side tables, bed linens and the very best pillows that you could ever buy. Sure do wish I could have "Checked Out"!

But seriously, what else would I not be able to live without if I won the lottery?  Hmmm.  Yep, I'm good with just the beach house.  No, wait.  If I had a beach house then I would need a Jeep to keep at the beach.  My husband would want me to buy him a red Porsche.  Should I or shouldn't I?  Okay, I will buy him one of those.  But that's it!!!  Wait, my son would want a house in the mountains.  We would have to get one of those. Then I would need a nice Range Rover to drive when we are there.  So the Range Rover and the mountain house, the Jeep, the Porsche and the beach house and all of the Pottery Barn furniture for BOTH houses now that I have 2 vacation homes.  But that's it!!  What about a really big house here at home though?  Yes!! And, of course, I need Pottery Barn to come and outfit my new house.  Then we will need a pool, pool house, tennis court, basketball court and soccer field.  Of course, I may need a new wardrobe, new Christian Louboutin shoes and some of those Birkin bags. Some of those Birkin bags are over $100,000.  I think since I am a new millionaire I will not buy those.  I will just buy one of the $25,000 bags. Ya know, the cheaper version. Oh and then I will need a convertible Mercedes-Benz to drive around town and to the mall.  Oh, maybe I should get one of those Maserati's.  Yes, I will get a blue Maserati!! I love being Nuveau Riche!! Hmm.  Maybe I am running low on money.  I better check.  Yep.  I need to call the bank because I have an NSF check to the Maserati dealership!!  See, I am broke already!!

Maybe God should let someone else win that lottery!  I may be one of those homeless people who were once filthy rich!!  I guess I figured it out.  It really is possible to win the lottery and go bankrupt fairly quickly!!
☻

No comments:

Post a Comment