Friday, September 7, 2012

Life Lesson #15,014-Does Parenting Get Easier?

Life Lesson #15,014-Does Parenting Get Easier?
Well, does it?  Do we ever stop worrying about them?  When we have a little baby and we're getting no sleep we wonder if it will ever get easier.  Then it does.  Well, it gets better when the baby starts sleeping through the night but then there are other things to worry about. Then the baby is getting heavy and you wonder if it will get any easier when they start to walk.  Then it does but then they want to walk around everywhere and you have to watch them every second of the day or the kid will be in the street.  Then they start preschool and you have a little extra time in the morning and you expect to get more done since you have 3 hours without the kid/kids.  Once you get the kid to preschool and get home to take your shower and get ready, you get beds made and 2 loads of laundry done, it is time to pick up the kid from school.  Then you wonder if it gets any better when the kids go to elementary school. It does.  It gets better because you have a little more time but you miss the kids when they are gone and you have other things to worry about.  You have to worry about teachers, homework, friends, grades, sports, and extracurricular activities.  Then there is middle school.  We all remember middle school and kids can be so mean. Then High School. High school and fitting in and making good choices and making good grades to get into a good college. Then College!!  Ugh, College. Then Marriage.  Then our children have children.  Then we take worrying to a whole different level.  Then we have to worry about our children, their husband or wife and our grandchildren.  The cycle starts all over again. 

I don't really think that once you have a child of your own you can rest easily ever again.  It's a love that nobody could ever explain to you.  You just have to experience it yourself to understand.  I never thought I could love anyone as much as I love my child.  It's just that different kind of love that takes your breath away.  Kittie Franz once said, "Remember you are not managing an inconvenience, you are raising a human being".  So, I guess it gets easier in some ways but gets harder in others.  Children can drive you crazy some days but when you are away from them, you miss them.  I haven't had a hot meal in almost 13 years because I have to make sure that everyone else has their dinner, drinks, utensils and napkins before I can even put my food on my plate.  I haven't been to the bathroom by myself in almost 13 years either.  If it's not my child it is one of the cats!!  I mean really...give me 2 minutes to pee!! Does anyone else hide the good chocolate?  If it's Hershey's, you can have it!! If it's Cadbury, it's MINE!! And nobody had better touch my Nutella!! But I wouldn't change a thing!  I would gladly have sleepless nights for the rest of my life for my child.  I love you, Boo Boo!!

Mama needs her sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment