Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lesson #15,060-Funny People, Being (Not) Themselves

Things that make me laugh...Of course, PEOPLE!!  We can all be very humorous sometimes even when we aren't even trying.  I was pulled up alongside my good friend, at CVS the other day, who happens to be African American and we both drive the same car so this older gentleman walks through the parking lot and comes up to our window and begins to talk to us about how our cars are just alike and we told him that we were sisters.  This guy all of a sudden starts speaking with what I can only describe as a "hood" accent.  He was all of about 60+ years old and he was talking to us with this crazy gangsta voice.  When he walked off, we both burst into laughter.  Did he think she couldn't understand him just speaking "white"?  She does have a law degree from UNC-Chapel Hill!! Please shoot me if I ever do that!!  I take it he was just uncomfortable and probably doesn't have any African Americans as friends and thought that he had to speak that way.  Anyway, we both got a good laugh out of it!!  Don't try and be something you're not, you will end up looking like an idiot.

Be yourself buddy. Be yourself. The only happy boy in this picture is the one in the purple zebra print!! Coincidence?  I think not!!

Actually, I take that back about some of us. (Like me) I can't be myself all of the time.  Otherwise, my son wouldn't have any friends and he would get his ass beat on the playground.  I want to jump and scream at his soccer games but I am under strict orders not to do that.  Also, if I really dressed like I want to, I would only wear pajamas and y'all know (if you have read my blog before) that I am not a fan of seeing other people in their pajamas in Walmart.  I would love to not have to shower everyday too.  What a pain in the rear that is!!  And a total waste of time and water.  I mean, how long have human beings existed?  Why haven't we come up with personal hygiene products that last more than 24 hours?  We have been to the friggin' moon for Pete's sake!! But Noooooooo.  Showering daily is still part of our routines!!



There are so many people who are wannabes these days.  I have even had someone tell me that they wanted to be a social climber.  Who says that out loud?  Really?  I started to say, "Well, honey, you better not try to be friends with me because I will bring you down!"  I'm just gonna let her find out the hard way. Tee Hee Hee!!  Any club that wants me for a member isn't any "exclusive" club and you probably don't want to be a member of that club either!  My husband and I were shocked and amazed when the local country club accepted our application for membership!  Honey, I thought for sure there was no way they would approve that thing!!  They must have needed the money!!  And for some reason, they haven't kicked us out!!  Obviously, they need the money!!

Carolina Country Club

Be yourself.  If you have a loud personality like me, take it down a notch when you need to but still be yourself.  The people that matter won't mind and the people who mind won't matter!! 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       




No comments:

Post a Comment