Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Lesson #15,061-Be Thankful.

It's that time of year again.  Thanksgiving.  A time to reflect upon all of the blessings in our lives.  Our friends, family, God, a home, food to eat, etc. It is a great thing to be thankful.  These are a few things that I am also very thankful for this year:

Wine. 
Hair dye. 
Botox. 
Wrinkle Cream. 
Nutella. 
Preparation H. 
Advil. 
Nerve Pills. 
My doctor and my pharmacist.  (These go along with Nerve Pills.)
Friends who will pick my kid up from school when I just want to take a nap. 
Reality TV.
Facebook (Sometimes). 
My comfy pajamas. 
My soft blanket. 
Spanx. 
Age spot bleach (See my friend, Julia Wheeler or Susan Radford, at English Aesthetics, for this stuff!!). 
Deodorant (I wish more people were thankful for this one and used it accordingly). 
Ice cubes. 
Pilates and Piloxing (See my friends Jill Hinson and Heather Moses at Core Studio for these!!). 
My big ole non-green Cadillac SUV (Shut up all of you Smart Car and Prius drivers.  I cannot fit 5 or 6 children in one of the little cars.  I carpool so I am GREEN!!! Actually I carpool with other mothers who have large Cadillac and Chevrolet SUV's.  We bought American, So There!!!) 
I love and am thankful for my hairdryer. 
Curse words (Because sometimes "Gosh Darn It Flippin' Poop" doesn't begin to cover it).   
Cherry Lemon Sundrop.
My iPhone. (Only because I can play Angry Birds anytime I want!!)
Money. (Now let me explain.  I have enough money to buy all of my needs but not enough money to make it okay to buy a $400,000 car or a $20,000,000 house.  I am totally serious.  Because if I could afford a Maserati, I would totally have one and it is asinine to spend that kind of money on a car.)
Pinterest. Enough said.
eBay.  (Because if you want anything and it isn't on eBay or Craigslist, you don't need it.)
Shoes. (Oh how I love shoes. Ahhhh.)
Catered lunch. (If you don't know what this is, your child does not go to Union Academy. It keeps me from having to make a PB&J every day of my life for my son to take to school for lunch.)
Mills Dry Cleaners. (Shout out to Parker Mills. Thank you for doing all of my ironing for me!! Mwaah!!)
Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Restoration Hardware and all other catalogs that are sent to my house that keep me from folding laundry.)
My Dryer's "Restart" button!! (To go with that folding laundry comment.)
The beach!! (And I am very thankful for my BFF just purchasing me, us, herself a new beach house!!) 
Hand sanitizer. Hand soap. Hand towels, Hand lotion. (Obviously, I have issues.)
And finally, My step stool in my kitchen.  (Since I am fun sized, I have to have a step stool to reach anything on the second and third shelf of my cabinets.)

Okay, so these are the things that I am thankful for.  Don't Judge!! May you all have a very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!! I will be back on Monday.  I'm taking a few days off unless my family gives me enough material to blog about which is entirely possible!!
Stress free Thanksgiving


2 comments:

  1. Of course Nutella is on your list...just surprised it wasn't #1 :) Hope you and your family have a very happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it made my list!! Haha! You have a great Thanksgiving too!

      Delete