Friday, November 16, 2012

Lesson #15,058-Part 2 of Medical Office Stories

So I told a story yesterday about one of the events that happened in a medical office that I worked in so let's see if we can think of any more!! There really are so many stories that I will have to narrow it down to a few good ones.  One of the funniest things that happened was this...There was a little old lady who was always calling or coming in and wanting something, like every day!!  Demanding that the doctor see her immediately.  Demanding, very demanding.  Anyway, if the doctor had any type of in office surgical procedure, such as a mole removal, skin tag removal, freezing off warts, etc. he wanted them scheduled as the very last patient of the day because sometimes they take longer than expected.  Well, on this one day the little old lady brought in 12 pages of paperwork from her insurance company that she needed filled out.  She brought it in when we opened for the day and the doctor hadn't gotten there yet so she dropped the papers off and left.  She returned at about 10:00am and wanted to pick up her papers.  Of course the doctor had not had time to fill them out so she said that she would come back later and we told her that she didn't need to come back without calling first to be sure the paperwork was done.  She said, "Okay" and left.  She dropped back by around noon hoping that maybe the doctor had been able to get them done and we told her again that he had not had time to fill out the paperwork but that we would call her when he had gotten them done.  She left and I swear to you, she came back at 4:00 and we promised her that he had one patient left at 4:30 and would have her paperwork done by 5:00. Well, our last patient was a mole removal.  Now this mole was on this poor man's forehead and if you have ever cut your forehead you know that a head injury bleeds really bad.  Anyway, so me and the other nurse in the office went into the room with the doctor and removed the mole off of the patient's forehead and wow did that thing bleed!! I mean, he bled and bled and we ended up wrapping his head in gauze and the blood even had soaked through that when he was checking out and the old lady walked right in and back to the checkout area to pick up her paperwork because we had promised her that it would be ready.  She runs right into the man who had just had his mole removed and saw all of the gauze and blood and then he had a drop of blood that ran down his forehead and across his face and she said, "Oh my God!!! What happened to that man?" and without missing a beat the other nurse looked at her and said, "He needed some paperwork filled out!"  and we all laughed until we cried!!  That old lady got the hint and didn't bug us for at least 2 weeks!!

Okay, so one last quick story.  I never had anyone pass out on me while I was drawing blood except for one time and that was when a man completely tattooed with 2 sleeves, calves, hands, chest and all.  He told me that he was afraid of needles and I said "Oh hahahaha, sure you are" and he said "No really I am" and I totally laughed at him.  I thought he was kidding because if you can live through tattoos you cannot be that afraid of needles.  Well as soon as I stuck the needle in his arm his eyes rolled back in his head, he turned white as a ghost, broke out in a cold sweat and BAM!!!  He started sliding down in the chair.  I thought, "Well there goes my perfect record and why did it have to be on YOU!!"  How can someone have 47 tattoos and be afraid of needles?  Amazing!!

Perfectly organized doctor's office. I am not even sure why I am pinning this, but well here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment