Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lesson #15,056-At "The Show" I Realized I'm Lame!!

If you are from the Charlotte, NC area, you know that every year we have a wonderful tradition.  The Southern Christmas Show.  It is a great show to see what is hot in Christmas decorations and then there is everything else.  There is every type of food that you can imagine.  There are dips, cheeses, Moravian cookies & breads, candied nuts, pastries and oh my goodness, freshly made doughnuts.  They put these hot mini doughnuts in a little bag with either cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar and shake it around and it is the most wonderful confection that you have ever put in your mouth!! YUMMO!!  There are Christmas wreaths, trees, decorated mantles, table displays and even bedroom Christmas decor.  Then there is every craft that you can imagine and every gadget and fad that is hot right now.  So, anyway, I go every year and buy the newest hippest thing and cannot remember what the hot thing was last year!! My friend and I went yesterday and instead of coming home with wonderful decorations, I came home with this really fabulous stain remover and these heat packs/cold packs that you don't have to heat in the microwave.  Good for the aching and aging joints and muscles!  What the Hell happened to me?  I used to spend hundreds of dollars every year on decorations.  I guess since I am older, I have tons of decorations so I bought sensible stuff instead of stuff that I already have!! Now I want to go back and buy a bunch of crap and all of those dip and soup mixes that I used to buy.  Why did I do that???  (As I sit here with one of my new heat packs on my shoulders!  The most wonderful heat that I have ever felt, by the way!! And looking at the stains on the arms of my sofa that I cannot wait until tomorrow to clean off!!)  Oh how times have changed!! If y'all see me wearing sensible shoes, please shake me!!!!!  You know that I have gone over to the dark side of old age!!


Santa Painting! LOVE!
Happy Southern Christmas Show Week, y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment