Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lesson #15,112-I'm Giving It Up For Lent

Okay, so what are y'all giving up for Lent?  Luckily, I am Baptist and we don't usually give stuff up for Lent but some of us do.  I think I will give up Diet sodas.  I don't drink them anyway so that won't be hard.  You can look at me and tell that I don't drink "diet" anything! 
Lent
I think I will also give up running.  I hate running anyway.  Like I always say, "If you see me running, you had better run too. Something is chasing me".  Maybe exercise?  No, Jill would not like that!! (Jill, my trainer.)
When Lent Becomes Personal by Sarah Reinhard -- How have you been personally moved this Lenten season? How have you heard Jesus in your heart this Holy Week?
Some people give up chocolate up for Lent.  I can't do that.  Who am I kidding?  Maybe I will give up Facebook, like so many of my friends do.  Hahaha!! I see y'all cheating!!  Nope, Can't give up Facebook, either.

Maybe I should give up something that would be easier to give up, like partying all night.  I never party all night so that would be easy to give up. 
Lent
Maybe I will give up cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, grocery shopping, driving carpool, etc.  Then we all would be hungry, dirty, hungry and stuck at home.

So, what is something that you are giving up?  Like I said earlier, I'm Baptist so we don't really do the giving up thing but I think it is a good thing if you do it!!
Lent

No comments:

Post a Comment