Monday, February 25, 2013

Lesson #15,118-Undercover Boss At My House?

Okay, so last night I was watching the TV show "Undercover Boss".  If you've never seen it before, it is about the big boss of a company going into the trenches of his business, undercover and seeing how the little people really do their jobs.  Actually, this show is genius.  I think if you own a restaurant chain, you should know what goes on your sandwiches or if you run a hotel, you should know if the front desk software is too slow.  So I started thinking about it.  What if someone came in, undercover, and watched me do my job?  What would they say to me when they called me into the office?  I'm pretty sure the CEO would fire me.  Apparently, it is frowned upon to wear pajamas all day.  It is frowned upon to take a nap on the job.  It is frowned upon to take personal phone calls on the job.  It is frowned upon to check Facebook every 30 minutes.  It is frowned upon to talk back to the boss!  It is also frowned upon to sleep with the boss!!!!!  Since I am a stay-at-home Mom, I sleep with the boss!
 Undercover Boss
I probably take too many breaks.  I probably take a longer lunch than I should.  I am easily sidetracked.  I'm kind of like the dog who sees the squirrel when I am supposed to be doing something else.  Remember the commercials on TV that said "This is your brain.  This is your brain on drugs.  Any questions?"  Well, This is your brain on ADD.  "Hmm.  I think I will load the dishwasher. Oh but there are still dishes in the washer.  Ugh the sink needs cleaning.  The dish towels need washing.  Well, if I am going to wash the dish towels I may as well wash the bath towels too.  The sheets need washing today.  Eww.  Look at the floor in the kitchen.  Wow, the dining room table is dusty!!  The cat needs to go out.  Oh look!!  There is a cobweb in the corner. I think I will just take a nap instead.  Oh but I need to check Facebook before I take my nap."  True story!!
A.D.D.  What's not so funny is this is really how my brain works!!!
The BOSS would not be happy!!!  I would get called into the office and given my walking papers.  I would not be one of those employees who were given a promotion.  I would not be given money or a vacation.  I would not be told what a special employee I am.  Well, maybe Abbey would think I am special because I am the only one who can keep up with her rigorous nap schedule.  Abbey is my cat.  She sleeps 18 hours a day, like humans should!! 
Cat sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment