Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lesson #15,083-Waking a Teenage Boy is Like Waking a Sleeping Bear

Whew.  We are back into the ole routine of setting the alarm clock, getting up early and dragging the teenager out of bed kicking and screaming!!  Yes, my normally sweet, thoughtful and respectful teenage boy is raging lunatic when I go to wake him up in the mornings.  He is an absolute joy during the day and at night.  He is funny and kind.  He is thoughtful and a true joy after 8am and all the way until 6:50am.  He will talk back and kick and cover his head and say really mean things when you are trying to get him out of the bed in the morning.  The kid is not a morning person.  I can say that he gets this very honest, from me!! I hate being woken up in the morning.  I hate the alarm clock.  I hate the telephone if it rings before the alarm goes off.  I hate anyone who wakes me up before it is absolutely necessary that I am up. Grrrrrr!

Once he gets up and into the shower, he is quiet.  Then he takes a 30 minute shower and there is no reasoning with him until he gets out and gets dressed and brushes his teeth.  Then he walks out to the car and usually gets into the back seat and lays down until he gets to school.  Then he gets out of the car and skulks into school.

Hopefully by the time he gets to homeroom and has to say the Pledge of Allegiance, he will not be adding any swear words. I haven't gotten any phone calls from school yet so he must not be swearing during the Pledge!  Okay, I have got to go and get the angry bird dressed and taken to school!!  Joy, Joy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment