Friday, January 18, 2013

Lesson #15,094-Snow Days In The South

Okay, so we love snow here in The South.  Yes, we do!!  We do.  It's supposed to snow here.  If we are lucky we will get a quarter of an inch but every school and business within 50 miles will be closed.  The only reason that I want it to snow is so school will be closed.  I really would like to go back to bed this morning instead of driving carpool.  It's gonna be cold and wet and yucky!!  I wish every day that I drove carpool would be sunny and warm.  I absolutely hate cold weather.  That's why I love The South!!  I do not love the mad dash to the grocery store for milk and bread.  I, honest to goodness, needed bread and milk today but I intentionally didn't go to the grocery store because the very mention of snow by a local meteorologist means there will be bare shelves.  I will wait until tomorrow to get some.  If there happens to be any snow outside, it will be gone by sundown so maybe I will go tonight.  If, for some reason, there is a foot of snow outside later this morning, please someone bring me some bread and milk!!  Look we have stocked up on wine and Nutella so all is good with me.  It's the kid and the husband who may want to make a trip to the grocery store.
Photo: BE CAREFUL!!
Okay so if you don't have to be on the roads today, I would suggest staying at home.  We Southerners cannot drive in anything but sunshine!!  Not snow or ice or sleet or even rain.  Well, some of us can drive in rain.  I, personally, cannot.  I hate driving in anything but clear conditions.  I also only like going to the grocery store in clear conditions.  I only like to watch sporting events in clear conditions.  Pretty much if anyone asks me to dance in the rain, I will say "Heck No" and look at you funny.  All of you who do dance in the rain, that is great but I hate drying my hair so it ain't gonna happen!!  Unless, of course, Channing Tatum wants to dance in the rain.  Then I will Suck It Up and dance!!!

Anyway.  Snow, come on so we can go back to bed!!!  Just enough so school is cancelled.  Then it can melt!!


No comments:

Post a Comment