Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lesson #15,088-Sick Kid=No Nap For Mom

Okay, so you all know how Big Mama loves her naps.  Well, on days when a sick kid is at home, there will be no nap.  There will be medicine given to the child.  There will be food delivered to the child.  There will be multiple drinks delivered to the child but no nap.  A sick child in my house gets quarantined to the bedroom so that the rest of the family doesn't get blessed with germs.  Let's just tell the truth here.  The kid gets quarantined to the bedroom so I don't have to hear the whining all day.  The kid also gets banned from the living room so I don't have to watch Adventure Time all day either.  Oh how I despise that show!!  So off to the bedroom with ya, Kid!!  I wish that I could send the Hubby to the guest bedroom when he has the dreaded Man Cold but he makes the house payment so he gets to lay around whatever room he wants to and watch whatever he wants on TV.  I usually banish myself to the bedroom when he is sick.
Do you know when your child is too sick for school or daycare?
Anyway, so with a sick kid in the bedroom, I don't usually get to do my day to day things like going to Pilates, grocery shopping or taking a nap.  No nap for mom means that mom has to stay awake all day and do stupid things like laundry or dishes.  There is no lunching with friends.  There is no talking on the phone endlessly and there is certainly NO NAP!!  I have to stay awake all day tending to the sickness.  And who thought it was a good idea for my 13-year old to have a cell phone?  Oh, that was me but when he is sick all that boy does is text me his orders.

Son:  "Mom, can you bring me a drink?"
Me:   "Okay."

Son:  "Mom, can you make me a sandwich?"
Me:   "Okay."

Son:  "Mom, can I watch TV?"
Me:   "Okay."

Son:  "Mom, can I watch a movie?"
Me:   "Okay."

Son:  "Mom, can you bring me another drink?"
Me:   "Okay."

Son:  "Mom, I feel like I'm gonna be sick.  Can I leave this room?"
Me:   "Okay."
Me:   "Hang on, wait.  I will bring you a trash can."
The germaphobe's solution when the sick child wants the remote.
You get the picture. Right?  No rest for Mom when a sick child is in the house.  But here is the good news.  I have all of the laundry caught up.  Well, until the sick child comes out of his room.  Then the Lysol comes out.  Then the laundry begins for the bed linens.  Then the decontamination of the sick kids' bedroom.  Do you know what that kid did?  There are snotty tissues all over the floor!  I mean, who am I?  Do I look like the Haz Mat team?  Well, yes I did.  I had the full Haz Mat suit on.  Booties and mask and all!!  I don't want that crud jumping onto me!!  Looks like there will not be a nap today either!!  Ugh!!!
Alternative health for sick childNothing worse than a sick child :(Sick Child by Thomas Perkins, via Dreamstime

No comments:

Post a Comment