Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lesson #15,101-The "Honey Do" List

Okay, so my "Honey Do" List got way too long so I had to Rent-a-Man.  This man came to my house, fixed my ceiling fan, that was about to fall out of the ceiling, my pantry door that sticks, patched the wall in the hall, and the list goes on and on.  Do you know that he never once complained about having to do everything on that list??  If he was rich, good looking, had all of his teeth, didn't smell of cigarettes and had his driver's license, I might just have ran away with him!  But alas, my husband is good looking, has all of his teeth, doesn't smoke, has his driver's license and has enough money for me to stay.  Poor man!! 
Roberta Baird  honey do list!
The Honey Do List seems to grow longer and longer every year that we are in this house.  Don't get me wrong, I love my house and am so thankful for a nice roof over my head but being in this house for 7 years, stuff needs repairing!!  The walls are looking dingy and are in need of repainting.  Caulking cracks.  Grout gets dirty.  Stuff around the house needs to be done and it is stuff that I don't know how to do and a man with an MBA and a full-time job has no idea how to do so what do we do??  Rent-A-Man!! 
Honey Do-list
Some day I may even have to Rent-A-Man to build me a shoe closet.  Some day I may have to Rent-A-Man to put a covering over my back porch.  Some day I may have to Rent-A-Man to build one of those fire pits with the glass rocks.  Some day I may have to Rent-A-Man who will just do laundry and dishes!!!  Are there men out there who actually do laundry and dishes?  Oh well.  In the meantime, I will just keep my man since he allowed me to Rent-A-Man!!!
Honey do list...

No comments:

Post a Comment