Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lesson #15,087-What's Your Favorite Medicine?

We all have a favorite drug, right?  Some of us have a go-to drug like Excedrin Migraine or Tylenol PM.  Some of us go to Benedryl at night to help with sleep.  Some of us are lucky enough to have an insurance policy that covers Ambien!  Some of us are not that fortunate so we HAVE to take Benedryl.  No.  I'm not bitter about it.  Really I am not.  Really.  (Stupid Blue Cross Blue Shield!!!)
Pills
Some of us have a favorite drug to keep us from ripping the heads off of everyone who pisses us off.  I would like to know how many lives have been saved by Xanax and Valium.  I know that people have overdosed on these drugs but these drugs have probably saved a lot of husbands from being hacked to death in their sleep for making that whistling noise with their noses.  You know that noise, right?  Annoying, right?
I also adore my pharmacist!
Some of us have aches and pains so we have a go-to pain killer.  Some of us have insomnia so we have a go-to sleep medicine.  Some of us have attitude problems so we have a go-to nerve medicine!  The older I get, the fuller my medicine box gets!  Aches and pains get more frequent.  Sleep?  What's that?  Attitude problems?  Well, I've always had that.  Can't blame that on age.  Why medicate it, since it's part of who I am, right?  If I took a pill every time I wanted to lock someone in my trunk in a rolled up carpet, I would probably be too medicated to drive to the edge of town.
pills
Okay, so some of us have real serious issues that we have to take medicine for every day.  If you know me, you know that I have Crohn's Disease so I have to take anti-inflammatory medicines every day.  Believe me, that anti-inflammatory is not my favorite medicine.  The pills are large.  I have to take 3 at the time.  I have to take it 3 times a day.  I don't even catch a buzz from taking so many pills a day!! What fun is that?  I mean, really.  Who wants to be full of pills and not feel good?
Yes there is a pill for that
Some of you have probably never taken a nerve pill.  Ever!  Ever!  So, what are you waiting for?  I see these people every day.  These are the people who go crazy over having to wait in a line for 2 minutes.  These are the people who have road rage.  All of us medicated people are just chillin' in the back of the line.  We don't care if it is going to take 30 seconds for the cashier at McDonald's to get us a cheeseburger.  We will get it when we get it.  We are not huffing and puffing in traffic and screaming at other drivers.  No.  We are just waiting in traffic and singing to the radio.  Yep.  We are those people.  Happy, Happy, Happy!!!
PILLS
Okay, so don't be judging people who take meds to feel better, stay calm or relax.  If you have to drink coffee or smoke cigarettes, you know how we feel!!  Now, I hope you all have a great day!! Don't forget to get your prescriptions refilled.  We don't need you walking around like that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment