Monday, January 7, 2013

Lesson #15,085-What's Up With RUDE People?

Why are people so rude nowadays?  Really?  At the grocery store, the teenager bagging my groceries is talking to the cashier about how he can't wait to get out of here.  RUDE!!  Well, why not just clock out now and get out?  Oh, you need the money?  Then why don't you just bag my groceries and shut up? 
~~RUDE!!~~(If you don't know who this is, go to YouTube and look up Bon Qui Qui.)

It doesn't get any better when you go into a high end boutique. These sales clerks act like you are bothering them if you ask them a question or want to try on a piece of clothing or shoes.  I mean, if I am going to possibly buy something and you get paid on commission then you should be very happy to help me.  You should even make suggestions as to what would look good on me, even if you are full of crap! You are working in retail.  You have no reason to be RUDE!!  I have walked out of a boutique when the clerk proceeded to tell me how to look through the clothing on the rack.  I mean, if I cannot file through the stuff that I don't want, to look at the stuff that I might want, then it is probably too delicate to go into my disaster of a closet!!  She actually stood there watching me filing through the clothing on the rack and told me 3 different times how I was doing it wrong!!  I am a professional shopper!! I know how to look at the damn clothes!!  Hello!!  I may have told her what she could do with her clothes on the way out the store and we had a teen girl with us.  I felt bad but that lady was so RUDE, I wouldn't have bought a bottled water from her if it were 130 degrees outside and I was dying of thirst!!
being rude...
I really hate walking in a store like CVS and putting my 2 items on the counter and the clerk just keeps doing what he or she is doing like I am not standing there.  Why are you ignoring me when I know that you see me standing here?  Sometimes they will even turn and say, "I will be right with you" and they keep putting boxes on the shelf.  Umm. That can wait.  I'm in a hurry!  I've got to get to carpool!  I've got to get home!  I've got to pee!  Anything!!!  Just come over here and do your job!!  RUDE!!
Rudeness
You know that you have had rude sales people before.  We all have.  I just wonder if rudeness is getting worse.  Maybe it is because of technology.  So many people are growing up without people skills because of email and texting.  You no longer have to speak to people face to face.  Social Media may also have something to do with it.  So many people put everything out there for everyone to see.  If you are arguing with your cousin, mother-in-law or even your spouse, you don't need to tell everyone that you are "Friends" with on Facebook or Twitter.  When you have 800 "Friends" on Social Media, it probably isn't a good idea to "Share" everything that is going on with your life.  Buy a journal and write about it all day long.  You can burn the journal but you cannot ever take away what you write on the Internet and it is rude to share that stuff online.  Your opinion is the only one that gets shared.  RUDE!!
This needs to be in my life.
It is rude to go to lunch with someone and talk on your phone the entire time or text.  If you are talking to someone and your phone rings, look to see if it is someone who you can call back.  If so, call them back later or even ask if you can call them back and hang up as soon as possible.  We may see our kids texting at the dinner table and we have to stop them from doing it so we shouldn't do it either. Also, when standing in line at Starbucks, please don't talk on your phone LOUDLY.  Nobody cares what you did this past weekend.  Unless you are a doctor and you are shouting orders to someone to help save a life, it is not necessary to speak on your mobile phone loudly!!  Let's all agree to stop taking these people being rude to us and we all need to be able to speak up.  There is never a time when being rude is acceptable except for a time when you are being rude to.  No more rudeness!! It's RUDE!!!
Remember that when someone is rude to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment