Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lesson #15,125-Bon Jovi

Okay, so I took my son to see Bon Jovi.  He is 13-years old so he knows some of their old songs but not many.  He said that he had fun but most of the time he sat in his seat with his hands over his ears.  I did warn him about how loud the concert would be and he said that was okay.  Apparently, it was not!  Of course, he and I both woke up with pounding migraines.  We both took headache meds and went back to bed for a little while.
Bon Jovi with his big 80s hair. Sexy then, sexier now. :). You that know me....know I would leave my husband for bon bon!!!!
At the concert we saw things that cannot be unseen.  The crowd was mostly made of 40 somethings.  Most of the women had on jeans and a cute shirt with a jacket but then there were others.  Let me see how I can put this nicely...Uhhhh.  Hmmm.  Errrr.  Well, there is no nice way of saying this but anyone over or under 40 should not wear black lace leggings with a short shirt.  Not a good look on anyone.  There was one lady with a tie on shirt and it had no back at all.  NO BACK Y'ALL!!  Seriously, at our age we should know better than to wear a shirt with no back!  Did I mention that the shirt had NO BACK?  If I was still a size 0, I would have broken out my Bongo jeans with the tear across the knee.  My shirt, however, would still have a back!!  I have some standards!!
big 80s hair
Some of the 40 something women had teased their hair like it was the 80's again.  Or at least I hope they were just wearing their hair like that for the concert.  I tried to tease my bangs up a little but my hair is no longer trained to stand 4 inches high.  Oh and the fact that I don't have a spiral perm and was completely out of Aussie Sprunch.  Don't act like you don't remember that stuff!!  Oh and who uses mousse anymore?
bon jovi poster http://www.pittsburghfrugalmom.com/2013/02/bon-jovi-more-tickets-221-autographed-poster-giveaway/
Anyway, it was cool to sing "You Give Love a Bad Name" with Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora.  We had a great time.  We sat beside a really nice couple.  One of the sound guys walked right up my son and handed him a guitar pick with the symbol of this year's tour on it.  That was really cool!!  We went to buy t-shirts and apparently it costs a lot to have a Bon Jovi decal printed on a t-shirt.  Holy Crap!!  When I was a teenager t-shirts were $20!!  Now they are $45 for short sleeved T's and $65 for long sleeved ones.  I almost choked!!  I had to buy my son a t-shirt from his first concert though!! But Geez!! $45??  Really??  Okay, so times have changed.  Inflation and all.  Oh and the hair not being 4 inches high.  And jeans not being acid wash anymore.  Some things are a good change.  Acid wash jeans are one of them  Bon Jovi hasn't changed.  They've still got it!!
Win a Autographed Bon Jovi Poster Ends 3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment