Friday, October 26, 2012

Life Lesson #15,043-Let's Talk About Toys Part 2

Okay so yesterday we talked about children taking over our home with their "Stuff" and how toys are big and bold and then teeny tiny with many parts.  Today we are going to talk about board games.  The bane of my existence.  Am I the only person in history to hate board games?  I think they should be called bored games.  I can't stand hate them!!  So guess what?  I have a son who loves, loves, loves Monopoly.  These games can go on for hours.  I hate Checkers but I could usually mop the floor with him in a few minutes.  Then he took up Chess.  I am not cerebral enough for Chess.  I've never won a game of Chess.  That makes me hate it more.  Seriously though, board games are the worst.  If you bring one out at a party that I attend, you will see me go hide in the kitchen.  I even hate those games that are played at bridal and baby showers.  I am so sorry if I offend you (Well, not really.) but I refuse to play them.  I mean, I already bought you a darn gift, took the time to wrap it and deliver it to your shower, usually held on Saturday or Sunday afternoon during my nap time and now you want me to play a game?? Really?  Open your gift and give me a micro piece of cake.  What's up with the size of the pieces of cake at showers?  Why are they so small?  I spent $75 on your gift and all I get is 1/6 of a piece of cake and some stale mints?  COME ON!! 
board games

Anyway, now that my son is older, his "Toys" have become increasingly more expensive.  His birthdays used to cost us $20 plus a birthday party but now we cannot afford the birthday parties anymore because his gifts are so expensive!!  When "Toys" turn into electronics, then you are in trouble.  He wanted a pair of those headphones that everyone is using now.  Sure, honey, I'll get you some. Let's go.  WHAT???  They cost how much???  Are you kidding me??  Headphones??  Those little ear buds work fine, right??  Here, how about these Panasonic ones??  Even the Bose headphones are cheaper!!  What does Dr. Dre know about sound that Bose doesn't know?  This guy is a freaking genius.  He has actually convinced people that he knows more than Bose!!  Every teenage boy has these earphones.  From $200-over $300 a pop, this guy is killing it!!  Freaking genius!! Toys are just medium sized now but very expensive!!
 dr dre

I was going to talk about toys for Mommies tomorrow but I just realized that tomorrow is Saturday and I take Saturdays off.  Oh well...





















No comments:

Post a Comment