Monday, November 26, 2012

Lesson #15,062-Children Are Loud/Some Adults Too

I have a question.  Why does that little hussy, Dora The Explorer, have to yell?  My gosh!! When Jordan was little we would watch all of the annoying little shows on PBS and Nick Jr.  Once we got through Teletubbies and Barney there was Caillou and Clifford and then we moved on to Dora.  She screams every word that she says.  Has anyone else noticed that?  Thank you, God, for letting my son be 13-years old now!  I turned on the TV this morning just for noise while I got a few things done and the TV was on a commercial break and I didn't bother looking at what channel the TV was set on before walking off.  Well, of course, it was on Nick Jr. and when I heard that little hooker's voice "Hey Boots!!"  "What do I have in my backpack that will help us climb the mountain?"  "Find the mountain!!"  "Can you find the mountain?"  "Where's the mountain?"  "Right!!"  "There it is!!"  Screeching to the top of her little lungs!!! Why must she yell??
Dora the Explorer
Oh and SpongeBob SquarePants.  He has that shrill voice that just makes me cringe.  I don't mind Squidward or Patrick because they have pretty calm voices but SpongeBob and Sandy have those voices that sound just like fingernails on a chalkboard.  Speaking of chalkboards...Why do our kids not have them anymore?  They have dry erase boards now!!  That's no fun scratching your fingernails on!!  I still get chills when I think about that sound!!  I had a US History teacher in high school who would scratch the chalkboard with her fingernails if we got loud in class.  We only got loud once!!!  Anyway, when SpongeBob comes on the song that the pirate sings encourages screaming. Does it not?  "Are you ready kids?  Aye, Aye, Captain. I can't hear you?"  See???  They were already screaming and Captain encouraged them to scream louder!!
SpongeBob!
Maybe I just have sensitive ears in my old age.  I can't stand anything that is loud.  Screaming children, Dora & Boots, loud music, etc.  There is one person who can make my ears bleed.  That is my husband.  He has a way of whistling that sounds like all of the loud noises in the world all put together.  I never told another human being about my hatred of whistling until I was at the beach with a few other couples and one of the wives said that she hated when her husband whistled!!  I said, "Me, too" and I just couldn't believe that another person hates to hear whistling too!! Yay!!  Then she said that she asked her husband why he felt it was necessary to whistle all of the time and he said, "I whistle because I am happy".  Talk about feeling like a big ole pile of dog poop!!  Oh well.  It hurts my ears!!!  Shhhhhhhhh!!


No comments:

Post a Comment