Thursday, November 8, 2012

Life Lesson #15,052-Ya Can't Have "It" Forever

It's true.  No matter how much Botox, filler, plastic surgery, lifting this or tucking that, you cannot have "It" forever.  What is "It"?  I don't know.  I just know that I no longer have it.  I am not sure when I lost it but it is gone.  I used to drive down the road and men in work trucks used to blow the horn and whistle and say rude and crude things to me.  I would flip them the bird and drive away.  I used to walk past construction workers and they would just about fall off the roof checking me out.  I used to get so offended.  I used to curse them!!  Now??  Nobody has accosted me in ages. Nobody has whistled at me.  Nobody has almost wrecked their work truck checking me out.  Nobody has shouted obscene comments at me lately and I am upset about it.  What the heck?  I have lost it!!

garbage collector - Thank you!

What did I lose?  I thought if you had "it" you would always have it.  Apparently, I was wrong.  Just because I have a few extra pounds and a few more gray hairs (which I color every 5 weeks) and a few more wrinkles and age spots, who cares??  Shoot me a whistle once in a while.  I will probably roll my eyes and act all offended but in reality, I will be saying "YES" in my mind!! 

Construction Worker Downtown

If you are a construction worker, a garbage collector, a road worker or even a prisoner picking up trash on the side of the road, for Pete's sake, holler at us older women!!  We still feel like we got it.  We may be living in denial but throw us a bone!!  Offend us!! Yell "Hey Baby" at us.  Give us a whistle!!  A little "Woooooo" would be good too.  Throw in a "Let me get your digits" and we will be so happy.  Please do it when we are coming out of exercise classes so that we have on our spandex!!  Don't forget that we have to act like we hate it but just know that you are doing a good deed!!

milf

10 comments:

  1. Girrrrl you still got it!! I suppose as long as our hubbies think we've got "it" that's all that matters... but it is nice to get a second glance now and then - and LAWD a crude comment would leave me floating for WEEKS! Mike says when we love someone they stay the age we fell in love with them forever in our mind's eye... and I suppose that is true. I certainly don't see 45 year old Mike when I look at him and as long as he doesn't start acting like he sees 36 year old (and please no comments on how I'm still a baby and yadda yadda lol) Erin then I am one lucky girl. I may not get cat-calls or rubber necks anymore, but when my husband says "Why are you buying THAT stuff you don't NEED it" when I'm looking at various and sundry anti-aging products I'll take that to mean to him at least the "it" is still livin' large!

    Great blog!! xoxo ~e

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quick!! Someone please yell obscenities at me!!! Hurry!!

      Delete
  2. Girl you are too funny! And you know....I haven't had any whistles lately either...I'm guessing over the years I have lost it too...Keep writing the blogs...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, You are still hot!! Maybe men are whistling at us all the time and we just need to get our hearing checked!

      Delete
  3. Where in the world do you come up with this stuff!?! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bean, You know you still got it!! I don't know where I come up with some of this stuff!!

      Delete
  4. At 52, I still get checked out every now and again. Of course, they don't usually have teeth. Or probably homes. But I'll take what I can get! Enjoyed your blog - saw your self-pimping on Let Me Start By Saying :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dyanne! I am definitely not a writer but I enjoy talking so I try to write my blog the way that I speak. Forgive the rambling!! Thanks for checking it out!!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! I won't even pretend to be a good writer, but I like to write. If you ever have a chance I'm at iwantbacksies.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. I will check that out right now!! Thanks!!

      Delete